§2 Data Controller
Your data controller is “Adwokaci i Radcowie Prawni” spółka komandytowa Izabella Żyglicka i Wspólnicy with the registered office in Katowice at ul. Uniwersytecka 13 (hereinafter referred to as Law Office or Controller). The personal data collected by the Law Office is processed in accordance with the principles set out in the personal data protection regulations, including the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (GDPR) and the Polish regulations issued in conjunction with GDPR, including the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018.
The Law Office keeps personal data confidential and protects it against unauthorised access by third parties on the terms and conditions set out in the legal acts mentioned above.
§3 Cele i podstawy przetwarzania
As part of its activities, the Law Office collects and processes personal data:
- to perform contracts concluded by the Law Office with Clients (legal basis of Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR);
- for purposes arising from legitimate interests pursued by the Law Office as the Data Controller (legal basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR), and:
- to provide services to Clients;
- to perform marketing activities of the Law Office’s services, including to inform about events or activities of the Law Office;
- for analytical, statistical and telecommunications purposes related to the kpr.pl website;
- to recruit people interested in work or cooperation with the Law Office (legal basis: Article 6 (1) (c) and Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR, respectively).
In addition, the Law Office processes personal data to the extent necessary to fulfil legal obligations of the Law Office (legal basis of Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR).
§4 Rights under GDPR
Providing personal data is voluntary, however, depending on the circumstances, a refusal to provide data or a request to remove it may prevent the Law Office, in particular, from contacting you, providing you with information about events and activities of the Law Office or performing its service. The processing of personal data as part of the provision of legal aid services is settled under contracts concluded with Clients. Any commercial information may be sent electronically, e.g. by email, only on the basis of your prior consent. In accordance with the principles set out in the legal provisions on the protection of personal data – and to the extent provided for therein – you have the right to access, rectify, or delete your personal data, or restrict processing of your personal data, the right to data portability, and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body (the President of the Personal Data Protection Office). Some of these rights may not apply to the processing of data as part of the provision of legal aid. If you do not want the Law Office to process your personal data for marketing purposes, you may object or withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data for this purpose at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing performed on its basis before the withdrawal of your consent.
§5 Processing Period
Your personal data will be processed, depending on the specific purposes and legal basis of the processing, respectively:
- until the expiry of the limitation periods associated with the contract with which the processing of personal data is related;
- until the implementation of legally relevant interests pursued by the Law Office as the Data Controller, related to the processing of specified data;
- until the expiration of deadlines related to the limitation of obligations under the law;
- until filing an objection against or withdrawing consent to data processing for marketing purposes.
§6 Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
Your personal data will be made available only to entities authorised under the law or an entrustment agreement with the Controller. Under the agreement, the Controller may entrust the data to entities affiliated directly or indirectly with the Law Office, in particular, organisationally or personally, with their registered office in one of the EU Member States. The recipients of your data may also be external service providers (including IT service providers, accounting service providers, certified auditors and auditors, lawyers) and administrative bodies, state services and courts. The above-mentioned service providers will in any case be obliged to keep your personal data confidential and to process it in accordance with the personal data protection regulations.
§7 Processing Area, No Profiling
Your personal data is processed at the registered office of the Law Office and is not transferred to countries outside the European Union. If your personal data is transferred to third countries (located outside the EU), the Law Office will take appropriate measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
Your personal data is not subject to profiling or any other form of automated decision making.