The Merger and Acquisition Team (M&A) provides comprehensive legal services in the field of capital investments, i.e. acquisition of business entities by way of purchase and/or merger with the acquiring company, and in the field of processes of privatisation of the companies owned by the State Treasury. Our Law Firm provides assistance and professional advice at every stage of such projects.
Below we present a sample transaction schedule concerning the investor’s accession to the company:
Our experience in conducting due diligence is particularly valuable as we can reliably assess the potential and risk related to capital investments. The due diligence of our Law Firm is not limited to legal aspects. Drawing on our experience from the analyses, we offer a comprehensive due diligence, including tax, environmental issues and analysis of the operational activities of the entity under study. We head a consortium which specialises in particular areas.
To acquired companies, we advise on how to prepare an investment agreement and negotiate with investors. The agreement specifies the rules under which the investor acquires shares and provides for mutual obligations of the parties.
The services provided by our Law Firm include in particular:
- cooperation in searching for entities to be acquired;
- comprehensive advice and support for negotiations in the process of acquisition of entities belonging to the State Treasury;
- preliminary analyses of the legal status and financial position;
- strategies for the acquisition of companies, including advice on what the investor should do if the management board and other bodies of the acquired company refuse to give consent (so-called hostile takeovers);
- detailed analysis of the acquired entities on the basis of documentation and on-site visits followed by reports and risk assessment of capital investments (due diligence);
- representing Clients during negotiations with financial institutions;
- drawing up plans of transformations, mergers and necessary documentation related to the acquisition of companies and other business entities;
- advising in negotiations on investment agreements, both to the investor and the acquired entity;
- preparation of corporate documents of the acquired companies, including draft amendments to articles of association or articles of association of joint stock companies;
- implementation of the new corporate governance;
- representing clients in proceedings before the National Court Register and financial supervisory authorities;
- legal advice and legal representation before courts and public administration bodies;
- representing Clients in the proceedings regarding the intention of consolidation;
- preparation of offers for the purchase of shares in companies of the State Treasury.