Managing Partner of Żyglicka i Wspólnicy, attorney-at-law Jarosław Rudy advised the Kvarko ASI sp. z o.o. fund on its investment in Deepstributed sp. z o.o. implementing the project “Deepstributed – a platform to facilitate experiments in the field of the so-called machine learning.”
The total value of funds acquired by Deepstributed sp. z o.o. is PLN 1 million.
Deepstributed will create a platform that will use distributed computing resources to run machine learning experiments using a graphical user interface. The main task of the platform will be to automate the process of management and configuration of computing infrastructure, which is to significantly facilitate the work of the Machine Learning Engineers (MLE).
It is estimated that MLEs currently spend from 10 to even 30% of their working time preparing the equipment and runtime environment, which is cumbersome and costly. This time could be used more efficiently, especially for the main task which is programming. The use of the platform will bring the following benefits:
- Streamlined development of machine learning (ML)/deep learning (DL) algorithms by MLEs,
- Relieving engineers from preparatory works which are not strictly associated with programming,
- Simplified process of launching ML/DL tasks in a distributed infrastructure,
- Combining local and remote resources,
- Improving MLE’s working time,
- Optimisation of the use of computing resources.
The development of the Deepstributed platform is expected to introduce an unprecedented solution on the market and significantly facilitate the machine learning processes.