Jarosław Rudy, attorney-at-law, partner in the law firm Żyglicka i Wspólnicy, advised the Kvarko ASI Sp. z o.o. fund on the investment in LBL SYSTEMS Sp. z o.o. implementing the project “Developing innovative machines for 3D printing in FDM technology.”
The total value of funds acquired by LBL SYSTEMS Sp. z o.o. is PLN 1,000,000.
LBL SYSTEMS will design and place on the market innovative lines of 3D printers in FDM technology (Fused Deposition Modelling) which is based on a layered deposition of thermoplastic plastics. It is exceptionally widely used in many market segments, such as industry, medical industry, automotive industry, and also in the implementation of research projects.
LBL Systems used innovations that will solve the main problems of 3D printing in FDM technology, such as the following:
- Extensive printing period;
- Low dimensional accuracy of the printed elements;
- Inactive head hitting the printout and the problem of impurities in the printout by the material leaking from the second inactive head;
- Lack of simple and easily accessible maintenance service of the printing nozzles and the possibility of their replacement without the need to stop the printing process;
- Inaccurately levelled printing bed and inaccurate positioning of the printing head in Z-axis during the printing of the first layer;
- Inability to use a wide range of thermoplastic materials for 3D printing due to the insufficiently high operating temperature of the head;
- Lack of a transparent and intuitive way of operating the devices.
The development of LBL Systems technology should allow putting 3D printing machines with parameters currently unattainable by the competition on the market.