Partner in Żyglicka i Wspólnicy, legal counsel Jarosław Rudy advised Kvarko ASI Sp. z o.o. on the investment in BRELECTON SYSTEMS Sp. z o.o. with regard to “Automation of processes of application process of thin polymeric layer using immersion methods.”
The total value of funds acquired by BRELECTON SYSTEMS Sp. z o.o. is PLN 1,000,000.
BRELECTON SYSTEMS develops a technology that aims to optimise the processes of application of thin polymeric layer using immersion methods and to automate activities that are currently performed manually. It is supposed to cause, among others, the following:
- Time savings;
- Adequate repeatability and reproducibility of processes;
- Reduction in human labour and constant control over the process;
- Easier implementation of innovations;
- Possibility of testing and comparing results of many different experiments;
- Possibility to use the latest technological developments in a small laboratory area;
- Automatic performance of operational activities by the process management system, which by definition results in much higher repeatability of processes and precision;
- Reduction in costs by reducing the amount of repetition needed to achieve the desired effect and amount of reagents.
The system will be used in many areas where thin layers are currently used, including in optics (interference filters), photonics, optoelectronic (e.g. LEDs, FETs), multi-layer systems (interference filters), protective layers or layers giving new properties to materials (e.g. production of hydrophobic layers). The company will offer its products in the prospective European market for equipment for applying thin layers, which value in 2016 was estimated at USD 0.99 billion and its forecasts for 2023 foresee growth to USD 1.31 billion.